Vicki Hess, RN

Vicki Hess, RN

Expert in Employee Engagement, Healthcare
Fee Range
Exact fee falls within this range
Traveling From

Program Descriptions


  • Engagement, Every Step of the Way: Successfully Leading Change in a “Do More With Less” World
  • The Times are Changing: Lead Your Organization to Professional Paradise & Beyond
  • The One Thing that Affects Everything: Transforming Healthcare Delivery through Optimized

    Employee Engagement
  • Patient & Employee Engagement: A New Model for a Changing Healthcare Environment
  • Transformational Leadership: Shortcuts to Becoming a Leader that Others Want to Follow

  • Navigating the Twists & Turns of Healthcare Today: 5 Steps to Less Stress, More Energy & Remarkable Results at Work
  • Patient Engagement: Whose Job is it Anyway?
  • Professional Paradise Road Trip: 4 Steps to Go From Jammed Up to Joy Riding
  • SHIFT to Professional Paradise: 5 Steps to Less Stress, More Energy & Remarkable Results at Work

    HR Professionals:
  • Slather on the “Secret Sauce”: Real-World HR Strategies for Creating a Culture of Employee Engagement
  • Engagement, Every Step of the Way: Successfully Leading Change from the HR Suite
  • The Times are Changing: Lead Your Organization to Professional Paradise & Beyond
  • Videos

    Biography Read more

    Vicki Hess, RN, MS, Certified Speaking Professional, is your go-to resource for positively impacting employee engagement in healthcare.

    Her unique views on patient & employee engagement are evidence-based, relatable and real world. Organizations that implement Vicki’s ideas experience increased productivity, safety, quality, retention, client satisfaction, creativity and more.

    As a keynote speaker, trainer, consultant and author of 4 books; Vicki inspires clients to take action by sharing high impact, easy to implement ideas that transform the way people work. As a cancer survivor and victim of a surgical mistake she brings the voice of the patient into her programs.

    Vicki holds a BS (Nursing) from the University of Florida and a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Development from Towson University. She was an adjunct professor at Johns Hopkins University Graduate School of Business for five years.

    Vicki is the author of four books about employee engagement. She also writes for industry and association publications including Hospital & Health Network, Becker’s Hospital Review,, and others.

    Vicki began her work in sales for the Xerox Corporation. She parlayed this experience into jobs with Entre’ Computer Centers (sales training and management) and Bonner & Associates (selling for a grassroots lobbying firm). She then worked in healthcare for 10 years in clinical and organization development roles for LifeBridge Health in Baltimore, MD. In that role, she was responsible for the non-clinical training & development of 6000 employees at 4 different campuses. Since 2001, Vicki has been the Principal of Catalyst Consulting, LLC - her own speaking, training & consulting firm. With her focus on employee engagement in healthcare, her business continues to grow each year.

    Check Availability *

    *Same Business Day Response!

    Call Us 1-800-345-5607


    "Vicki was very well received! She was motivating, knowledgeable and sincere! ... many positive comments."
    --Inland Hospital

    "Vicki was outstanding. Our attendees loved her. She is very energetic and likeable."
    --American Medical Tehcnologists

    "We invited Vicki Hess to present a full day workshop for our nursing leaders and were totally pleased with the results. Vicki did extensive work before she came, including reviewing our internal data, conducting phone interviews, sending out a survey, coming in early to meet with a core group of nursing executives, and going on a hospital tour. As a result, the content was tailored to our audience, our challenges and our culture. The feedback from the nurse leaders has been great with several of them sharing that “this was the best presentation we’ve ever had.” We are using the follow up tools and expect to see positive results moving forward. We will look for ways to utilize Vicki’s services again in the future.”
    --Children’s of Alabama

    “Vicki Hess & her team were the most on-top-of-it team that I’ve worked with in a long time. From beginning to end, the experience was seamless. When Vicki presented the Professional Paradise keynote at our users conference, it was rated as “the best session” by many. Audience members loved how Vicki combined humor with real-life take-away tools and was very engaging with the audience. 93% of participants who used our mobile app for feedback rated her presentation as “Awesome” with the other 7% rating her as “Good.” We look forward to working with Vicki again in the future and highly recommend her as a presenter.”