Account Executive – Sales« Back to Careers
We are seeking an account executive to develop and maintain client relationships by providing keynote speakers and entertainers for:
- association conferences and conventions
- speaker & lecture series
- university events
- some corporate events
While this industry is fun, it takes a lot of work to be successful. We’re a progressive company looking for a unique person who is hungry to learn and succeed. Although not required, if you have experience in the speaking industry, event planning, entertainment /publishing, or B2B sales, that’s a plus. We’re looking for a sales person who aspires to BE AMAZING.
SOME functions of the position Include:
- Acquire and keep clients
- Learn and maintain knowledge of: keynote speakers and industry trends
- Comfortable using a database, keeping up-to-date and clear notes on clients and speakers
- Make recommendations of keynote speakers and quote fees to clients
- Ability to negotiate and close a deals with clients and speakers
- Be logical in decision making
- Attend and contribute to: sales meetings, training, and marketing efforts
- Make outbound calls/emails to build business (as well as build clients through referrals)
- Marketing to clients using email, print, and social media
KEY INGREDIENTS TO BE AMAZING IN THIS POSITION
- responsible and have integrity
- motivated for success
- great communication with people
- natural ability to generate business
- can work independently
- have an eye for detail
- not afraid to ask questions and learn
- having a 2-3 years of a successful sales background is a plus
CAN YOU BE AMAZING?
- Do you have the verbal, written and intellectual acumen to effectively communicate with celebrities, sports stars, thought leaders, political pundits, corporate executives, best-selling authors, entrepreneurs, entertainers, and seasoned agents?
- Do you have the aspiration for making a positive impact in people’s lives?
- Are you a people person?
- Are you assertive and confident?
If you are looking for a long-term, financially and personally fulfilling, lifetime career, and are willing to dedicate all your energies and resources to achieve it, then we might be a fit.
Compensation: Salary, plus Commissions, 401K, health, bonuses, Full Time
This job is to work in our South Orange, New Jersey office (if you live in NYC, it’s a 30 minute reverse train-commute on NJ Transit). We are a block from the train station in South Orange.
Please submit a resume AND an original cover letter stating why you think you’re a fit for Eagles Talent. No phone calls please. Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Eagles Talent Speakers Bureau is a well-established and very respected company (30-plus years). Our sales team books engagements for the top thought leaders, business entrepreneurs, sports stars, celebrities, political pundits, inspiring people, and entertainers.