Lying on a bed paralyzed, with a bullet hole in his chest, Mike promised that if he survived, he would share his unique story all over the world and help as many people as he could. This is happening!
Mike knows that the most important part of any meeting or organization is the people. Whether speaking to a global financial corporation or a community medical facility, he has seen their results change when the beliefs of their people change. He inspires real people, with real problems, to respond differently; teaching that attitude is not a mood, but a position we take regardless of circumstances. That is his specialty!
Obviously Mike has had a few challenges in his life. But he also has a few Olympic gold medals, a few college degrees, has written a few books, runs a few successful businesses, has a few passions and has a few kids (five to be exact). This is all possible because he “walks the talk” (or rolls the scroll).
– Mike has a strong background in the financial services industry. He has his life, health and securities licenses, has his MBA, and recently was a main platform speaker at the “Million Dollar Round Table”; all of which give him credibility when speaking to an audience in the financial fields.
– Mike has a background in Healthcare – His personal experiences with nurses, doctors and therapists not only saved his life, but also pointed him to a career in healthcare. He served as the Director of Rehabilitation for Intermountain Healthcare in Salt Lake City for 10 years, giving him credibility with audiences in the healthcare arena.
– Mike’s message is a perfect fit for both large and small corporations who are forced to make changes to adapt and thrive in today’s shifting world. Through entertaining and personal stories, Mike teaches: If you resist change – you fail. If you accept change – you survive. If you create change – you succeed!
– Mike’s story is a moving and powerful example of the importance of safety. At the age of 15 Mike was shot in the chest, by a friend, at point blank range; paralyzing 2/3 of his body. Mike faces challenges daily because of the split second decision that was made in regards to safety or the lack thereof. His compelling message changes the way people think about carelessness and the magnitude of their decisions in the work place.
– Mike comes from a family of professional educators. He taught Liberal Arts at Arizona State University while earning his MBA. More importantly, the core of Mike’s presentation pivots around the support he received from his friends, teachers, and family as he put his life back together.
“Book him. He is a fabulous individual with great motivational skills, but really and truly works to understand the audience so he can cater his message to be impactful.”
“Overall, Mike did an outstanding job. He was the final speaker at our 3-day meeting and helped us end on a very positive, motivating mood that supported our meeting theme of Accountability, Engage, Lead & Achieve. Mike’s speech hit on all these themes which was a captivating and motivating way to end the meetings. He was very inspirational and effective in engaging our audience. In addition to his amazing life story, Mike is an excellent speaker from motivational and inspirational perspectives.”
“Mike was great! Really hit home with the team. We loved having him with us and we wish he could have spent more time with us at our meeting.”
“To offer a simple recommendation for Mike Schlappi is an understatement. Mike’s genuine, honest and professional approach is head and shoulders above many of the speakers that I’ve heard. Motivational speakers can sometimes be one dimensional in terms of their content and delivery. Mike’s ‘shoot for the stars’ message appeals to a multitude of issues that face an organization.”