Phil Lempert can predict the future —
and then help businesses and consumers understand it. For more than 30+ years, Lempert, an expert analyst on consumer behavior, marketing trends, new products and the changing retail landscape, has identi ed and explained impending trends to consumers and some of the most prestigious companies worldwide. Known as the Supermarket Guru®, Lempert is a distinguished author and speaker who alerts customers and business leaders to impending corporate and consumer trends; and empowers them to make educated purchasing and marketing decisions. As one of America’s leading consumer trend-watchers and analysts, Phil Lempert is recognized on television, radio and in print.
- Founder of SupermarketGuru.com, the leading food trends resource for consumers and the trade, since 1994.
- A frequent contributor to Fox Business.
- The about.com food reference expert; writes and manages the about.com food reference site and weekly newsletter.
- Food Trends Editor on The TODAY Show for over 20 years.
- Hundreds of television appearances including: Oprah, 20/20, Good Morning America, Dr. OZ, ABC World News Tonight, CBS Evening News, FOX News, The Cavuto Report, CNN, CNBC, NBC Nightly News and MSNBC.
- He is currently working on his next book which documents the important relationship between Millennials and food – YOLO, The Intersection of The Jazz Age with The Millennials’ Passion for Food for an early 2017 publication. Author of ve books: Being the Shopper, Healthy, Wealthy & Wise, Phil Lempert’s Supermarket Shopping & Value Guide, Top Ten Trends for Baby Boomers and Crisis Management: A Workbook for Survival.
- Pro led and interviewed by Dr. Oz, The New York Times, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Newsweek, Ad Age, Washington Post and Christian Science Monitor.
- Phil is the founder and editor of the daily trends e-newsletter/video The Lempert Report and SupermarketGuru News ash, as well as the weekly Facts, Figures & the Future, the bi-weekly The Food Journal/Food, Nutrition & Science.
- In 2012 he created the Retail Dietitians Business Alliance in order to serve the needs of the growing retail registered dietitian community and serves as its CEO.
- Phil’s Food Reviews is a daily video review of new food and beverage products which he rates on an open algorithm scale of 0 to 100 points and over the past 20 years has become a valuable tool for retail buyers as well as shoppers throughout the country.