An in-demand speaker, Larry has delivered more than 2000 paid presentations for association conferences, corporations and government organizations including SHRM (Society of HumanResource Management), the Association of School Business Officials International, the AmericanHealth Care Association, Harley-Davidson, Southwest Airlines, and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Larry is the co-author of the top-selling book Absolute Honesty: Building A Corporate Culture That Values Straight Talk And Rewards Integrity. He’s written for Huffington Post and has been quoted inthe Wall Street Journal and the Harvard Business Review. He has been interviewed on CNN.
Larry has written more than 100 published articles on the topic of improving organizational culture. Before starting the Johnson Training Group, LLC in 1986, Larry worked as a training
coordinator for a chain of psychiatric hospitals and as a training manager for the City of Phoenix.
Education & Designation
• M.A. Counseling Psychology – Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff AZ
• B.A. Education – Arizona State University, Tempe AZ
• CSP – Certified Speaking Professional from the National Speakers Association
- 4 years in health care management
- 7 years as training manager in government and the private sector
- 33 years as president of his own training and consulting firm