Jeff Kortes is the founder of Human Asset Management LLC, a human resource consulting firm specializing in talent acquisition, employee retention, leadership development, employee engagement and culture building. He is a skilled speaker, facilitator and trainer who energizes and engages participants. His trademarked “Give Your Employees C.R.A.P.®” (Caring, Respect, Appreciation and Praise) approach to building employee retention/loyalty has resulted in 50-80% reductions in employee turnover for his clients.
Jeff has 25 years experience in human resources and labor relations. His exposure to both private and public sector organizations has been obtained while functioning in manufacturing, construction, municipal government, and high-tech environments. He has held human resources leadership roles at SPX, Midas International, ConAgra, Inc., American Crystal Sugar, and the City of Franklin, Wisconsin. A sample of his accomplishments include:
• Built culture to retain and engage intellectual capital in highly competitive software development organization.
• Developed employee retention strategies in manufacturing, construction, hospitality industries and software/high tech industries.
• Drove multiple culture change efforts in both union free and unionized environments as an HR leader.
• Author of two books on employee retention and leadership.
• Designed, marketed, and delivered trademarked leadership series.
• Designed and implemented focused recruitment and retention strategies to enable his clients to compete in the war for talent.
• Established continuous improvement processes and high-performance work systems.
• Developed multiple labor/management partnerships designed to focus the energies of the parties involved on remaining competitive in global markets.
• Negotiated 50+ labor agreements in both the private and public sectors.
• M.S.A. Human Resources, Central Michigan University
• B.S. Business Administration, Marquette University
Professional Certifications and Affiliations
• Currently holds the designation as Professional Speaker from the National Speakers Association
• Former Board Member-National Speakers Association Wisconsin